Director of U.S. Sales
About MyDefence North America
MyDefence North America (MDNA) is a subsidiary of MyDefence Communication (MDC) ApS. MDC is a Danish company with offices in Copenhagen and Aalborg, DK Denmark. MyDefence NA has an office near Raleigh, North Carolina, and an office in Chesapeake, Virginia.
MDC/MDNA works with research and product development for the international defense and security industry focusing on wireless communication and advanced signal analysis. MyDefence uses the latest technologies in wireless communications and works with a groundbreaking energy-efficient wireless platform, which is the focal point for the development of future support and protection in electronic warfare. We work closely with governmental partners, as well as a number of innovative companies in the high-tech sector to meet customer demand for high quality and innovative products for the benefit of dismounted U.S. soldiers in the world hotspots.
MyDefence offers a very exciting workplace with room for technical immersion and advancement. Here, individual efforts are highly weighted. Expectations are high, but so are the rewards. We are a young, healthy, constructive and highly innovative company focused on optimal correlation between research, development and innovation.
MyDefence North America seeks an experienced Director of U.S. Sales. We have launched a new series of C-UAS solutions that are fielded as electronic support and protection against enemy drones. The products are for RF detection, jamming, radar and situational awareness.
You will become part of our North American team to provide sales and after sales support. As a Director of U.S. Sales, together with the executive staff you are the technical link between development in Denmark and integration with customers in North America. Your goal is to provide technical sales support, training and demonstrations to successfully bring our products to customers.
Direct contact with customers requires excellent written and oral communication skills. Ideally you have experience with SDR platforms, radar and hands-on experience with RF in a wide frequency spectrum. In addition, an in-depth knowledge of all facets of wireless communication in all operational environments will be an advantage.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Build and manage distributor and reseller network.
- Proactively develop new sales opportunities nationwide.
- Assist the design/development & sales team, and attend meetings with clients to determine technical requirements and ensuring that all necessary and relevant information is available for project initiation.
- Consult and advise clients regarding the best implementation practices and address specific issues.
- Provide technical solutions in a professional manner within an agreed timeframe.
- Create and confidently deliver technical presentations, both internally and
- Build productive relationships internally and externally, fostering teamwork by keeping colleagues updated on activities.
- Provide technical and product guidance to clients and provide troubleshooting and technical support in person or via phone, messaging services and email.
You will lead and help build our high-performance sales team. The tasks are both challenging and creative. We are seeking a Director of U.S. Sales with deep technical insight and solid experience with wireless communication applications and radar.
As a person, we would like you to have the following characteristics:
- Experience in problem analysis and resolution of technical matters/ problems.
- Understanding of the industry, combined with superior project management and planning skills is key to excel in this position.
- Technical understanding and knowledge of equipment design, development and technical processes.
- Candidate must be innovative, have strong problem-solving capabilities and be able to adapt to new processes and procedures quickly while dealing with varied technical support requests.
- Candidate must be able to work independently with minimum supervision, be
committed, flexible, with the ability to maintain high levels of productivity.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English is paramount.
Bachelor of Science Degree- preference given to engineering or technical degrees
Greater than 10 years of industry experience
Master of Business Administration – concentration in sales & marketing
MyDefence North America seeks an experienced and innovative Director of U.S. Sales with skills in managing a team of sales representatives and engineers. We are currently developing a new series of products that will be the basis for future electronic support and protection against enemy drones, roadside bombs and communications.
Schedule: Monday – Friday 8-5
Job Location: Chesapeake, Virginia
Application and Contact
Submit your Resume or CV and cover letter to: email@example.com
Your inquiry will of course be treated confidentially.
• Start Date: Between Jan 1st and Feb 1st 2019
• Working hours: Full time
• Workplace: Chesapeake, Virginia
• Homepage: www.mydefence.us