Wearable drone detection system for special operations forces
The WINGMAN 105 is the flagship of the WINGMAN-series of wearable, intuitive drone detection systems. It is a ruggedized version designed for the requirements of special operations forces, and with its light weight it is both versatile and durable.
Our constant focus on reducing SWaP (Size, Weight and Power consumption), the WINGMAN 105 is developed to be the smallest, lightest, and most power-efficient wearable drone detection and alarm system available on the market at a cost-effective price.
The WINGMAN 105 is a true wearable sensor for drone detection that can be carried on the torso or on the outside of your clothes to optimize performance (e.g. vest or backpack straps) using the MOLLE straps. Its low weight and small form factor allows each soldier to carry a personal WINGMAN, when demands require it.
The WINGMAN 105 works directly out of the box and is very easy to operate. It is designed to function autonomously, and the internal antennas cover the 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz ISM band and is directional. An external active antenna (AA100) can be added to provide 360° coverage, which can increase the frequency range and cover four different frequency bands (433Mhz, 1.2Ghz, 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz) allowing for greater threat detection of enemy drones.
The WINGMAN 105 continuously scans and searches for UAS control and video signals and acts as an early-warning detector of commercial drones. The continuous scanning function makes it capable of detecting the drone control signal and/or video downlink signal – often before the drone takes off from the ground.
The impressive performance packed in a small and lightweight form factor makes it the only truly wearable drone detection device on the counter UAS market, designed to meet the requirements of special operations forces.
Features developed with the end user
The WINGMAN 105 is an all-weather device that can withstand extreme weather conditions. The device is IP67 rated and waterproof with its cover-caps that protect the unused connectors. When a drone is detected, alarms are indicated to the operator with sound, vibration and/or visually with a bright LED. Continuous updates are provided to the drone database with new search filters in order to provide users with the latest technology at all times.
Extended range detection for special missions is available upon request. MyDefence has developed high performance omni-directional antennas to cater to the needs of the most demanding users.
Add an optional Wingman vibrator for increased functionality:
- Replicates the warning vibrations of the Wingman drone sensor
- Vibrations are easy to feel when worn closer to the body
- Easily distinguished from other vibrations e.g. from a vehicle
- Cool running – the small unit is completely passive when not vibrating
- Power source: Rechargeable Li-Ion battery
- Charger adapter: 115/230VAC to 12VDC
- Battery capacity: 7 hours
- Internal antenna frequencies: 2.4 & 5.8GHz ISM Band
- Software defined radio: 70MHz to 6GHz
- Detection time: <5 sec
- Detection range: >1 km line of sight – depending on RF environment
- Operating temperature: -30° – +45°C
- Charging temperature: 0° – 45°C
- Dimensions (D x W x H): 48x90x154 mm (1.88×3.54×6.06 inch)
- Weight: 730 gram (without Molle system)
- Color: Black/Desert/Custom
- TRL: 9
- IP rating: IP67
- Jack-compatible headset
- Molle System
- Custom Peli case
- External Active Antenna AA100
- Wingman vibrator
- Test Transmitter Tool
- Firmware Update Tool
- NWP Cable Kit